While testing the cross-browser compatibility of one of my recent WordPress themes, I noticed that none of my jQuery functions were working in IE7. This disabled my menu effects, Apple-like new ticker and this nice looking gallery I’d set up as a custom WordPress post. Nothing worked at all.

Luckily the solution was simple for me and I found that solution after much search, on this website http://blog.rimann.org/2009/08/jquery-vs-ie7/. It turned out that all that needed to happen as to remove an extra comma from my jQuery code. While the other browsers just parse the code nicely, IE7 is not as forgiving.

Where I wrote:

$('.scroll-pane').jScrollPane(
    {
        showArrows:true,
        verticalDragMinHeight: 100,
        verticalDragMaxHeight: 300,
    }
);

I needed to have :

$('.scroll-pane').jScrollPane(
    {
        showArrows:true,
        verticalDragMinHeight: 100,
        verticalDragMaxHeight: 300
    }
);

I hope this helps someone from flipping out from frustration and eating their own face. Or worse…http://youtu.be/YersIyzsOpc

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.